45 M Instructor
TDI Decompression Procedures Instructor
This course examines the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving. This program is designed as a stand-alone course or it may be taught in conjunction with such TDI courses as Advanced Nitrox Instructor, Advanced Wreck Instructor, or Extended Range Instructor.
The objective of this course is to train Instructors how to plan and conduct a standard decompression procedures course not to exceed a maximum depth of 150 fsw I 45 msw. The most common equipment requirements, gear set-ups, deco-techniques and decompression mixtures are covered. Students are permitted to utilize Enriched Air nitrox mixes or oxygen for decompression provided the gas mix is within their current certification level.
IANTD Technical Instructor
This Programme is designed to provide a more in-depth knowledge of EANx, Oxygen, and of technical diving applications.
Technical Instructors are charged with teaching divers to use custom blends of EANx for bottom mix, travel mixes and decompression mixes.
Technical Instructors may teach Open Water Diver through Technical Diver.
Technical Cave, Technical Wreck and Technical Rebreather Instructors are Technical Instructors with the additional ability to teach those specialized areas.
Must be qualified as an IANTD Advanced EANx Instructor in Active Teaching Status, and IANTD Technical Diver or equivalent.
Must have taught a minimum of 3 Open Water, 3 Advanced OpenWater, 3 EANx, and 3 Advanced EANx Diver Programs.
Must have a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
Must have assisted in one course or do so as part of the IEC.
Must provide proof of a minimum of 350 logged dives, of which at least 100 were deeper than 39 msw and at least 30 were on EANx or breathing mixtures other than air (includes decompression mixes).
6. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Tec Deep Instructor
Diving beyond recreational depths with open-circuit technical gear has allowed tec divers to discover amazing wrecks and photograph never-before-seen organisms. Tec Deep Instructors contribute to deep exploration by training the next generation of tec divers. When you earn this rating, you can conduct Discover Tec programs and teach Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 Diver courses.
To enroll in a Tec Deep Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course.
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
Prior to sending in your Tec Deep Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor
- Be a Tec 50 Diver
- Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 Diver course or one Tec 45 Diver course
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Have certified a total of 10 or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor course exams.
- Meet a peer review waterskill requirement.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply
Download PADI Medical Statement (signed by a physician)