Extended Range Instructor
This course provides the training and experience required to be certifiedto competently teach air dives to 55 metres
staged decompression, utilizing nitrox mixtures or oxygen (O2) during decompression. The objective of this course is to train instructors in the proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards of deep air diving to a maximum of 55 metres / 180 feet and utilizing nitrox mixtures or oxygen for staged decompression.
Qualifications of Graduates
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may teach technical diving activities utilizing custom nitrox mixtures provided:
The diving activities approximate those of training
The areas of activities approximate those of training
Environmental conditions approximate those of training
Minimum age 21
Provide proof of 250 logged dives, 25 must be extended range dives
Certification as a TDI Extended Range Diver or equivalent
Certification as a TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures
Instructor or equivalent
Must have certified 10 students in advanced nitrox diver or
decompression procedures diver, a minimum of 5 must be decompression procedures divers
IANTD Technical Instructor
This Programme is designed to provide a more in-depth knowledge of EANx, Oxygen, and of technical diving applications.
Technical Instructors are charged with teaching divers to use custom blends of EANx for bottom mix, travel mixes and decompression mixes.
Technical Instructors may teach Open Water Diver through Technical Diver.
Technical Cave, Technical Wreck and Technical Rebreather Instructors are Technical Instructors with the additional ability to teach those specialized areas.
You must be qualified as an IANTD Advanced EANx Instructor in Active Teaching Status, and IANTD Technical Diver or equivalent.
Must have taught a minimum of 3 Open Water, 3 Advanced Open Water, 3 EANx, and 3 Advanced EANx Diver Programs.
Must have a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
Must have assisted in one course or do so as part of the IEC.
Must provide proof of a minimum of 350 logged dives, of which at least 100 were deeper than 39 msw and at least 30 were on EANx or breathing mixtures other than air (includes decompression mixes).
6. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Tec Deep Instructor
Diving beyond recreational depths with open-circuit technical gear has allowed tec divers to discover amazing wrecks and photograph never-before-seen organisms. Tec Deep Instructors contribute to deep exploration by training the next generation of tec divers. When you earn this rating, you can conduct Discover Tec programs and teach Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 Diver courses.
To enroll in a Tec Deep Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course.
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
Prior to sending in your Tec Deep Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor
- Be a Tec 50 Diver
- Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 Diver course or one Tec 45 Diver course
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Have certified a total of 10 or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor course exams.
- Meet a peer review waterskill requirement.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply
Download PADI Medical Statement (signed by a physician)